We offer the following services to residents and proprieters in Gulfport:
We have officers specially trained to inspect residential, commercial, and industrial properties and to recommend improvements for crime prevention. These surveys are free of charge. Call 893-1041 to schedule a survey for your property.
Citizens Police Academy
Participants are offered the opportunity to learn and witness firsthand what the Gulfport Police Officers do as they provide police services to the citizens of Gulfport. Course content is designed to provide a greater awareness of how and why police conduct themselves and their business. Classroom instruction and field demonstrations will show the various aspects of law enforcement to include:
* Professional Traffic stops
* Traffic crash investigation
* DUI investigation
* Ride with an officer on patrol
* Firearms Training Simulator (F.A.T.S.) live-action video scenarios.
Applicants must be at least 14 years of age and pass a background investigation. Class size is limited to 14 with preference given to residents of Gulfport. For further information, please call Claire Bousman at 893-1041.
Click here for a flier you can print and pass out to friends and neighbors.
Although our Police Department patrols very actively, public assistance is absolutely necessary when it comes to prevention of crime. If you see anything that seems suspicious, call the police immediately. Please do not feel that you are bothering us, and please do not wait until business hours--we work 24 hours a day!
If you want to help us in a more active role, join us at the monthly crime awareness meetings. They are held the 2nd Monday of every month at the Gulfport Neighborhood Center located at 1617 49th Street South--at 7:00PM. For more information, contact Jeri Reed.
Residents and business owners are encouraged to get to know their neighbors and to develop contacts for the purpose of making each other aware of things that are out of the ordinary. The Police Department will provide the following resources to any party interested in getting more involved in your neighborhood:
* We will provide a meeting space and an expert speaker to address your group on any topic related to law enforcement or crime prevention.
* We will provide statistical data regarding crimes and crime trends in your neighborhood.
* We will assist in printing fliers or other advertisement to encourage neighborhood involvement.
* We will assign investigators as necessary to address specific crimes or crime trends brought to our attention.
The Police Department employs several volunteers who help with work including records filing, victim advocate services, and coordinating the crime awareness efforts. If you are intested in helping out, contact James Beane at 893-1050 or e-mail him.
Florida police jobs
Gulfport Police Department
A Full- Service, Accredited Law Enforcement Agency