Join GPD and Your Neighbors for National Night Out
The Gulfport Police will be participating in the 29th Annual National Night Out on August 7th. The National Night Out event is designed to heighten crime prevention awareness, generate support for and participation in anti-crime programs, strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships, and send a message to criminals that neighborhoods are organized and are fighting back. This year's National Night Out event in Gulfport will take place at the Gulfport Neighborhood Center, located at 1617 49th Street South. The event will kick off at 6:30 pm and end at 9:00 pm with a group walk that will be an example of the commitment between community and law enforcement against crime/criminals.
This event will include the following:
- Emergency vehicle displays, including marked and unmarked police patrol cars, patrol boat, mobile crime, lab, and the new fire engine.
- Tactical and investigative equipment display.
- Crime prevention resource handouts and childrens' activity books
- Scheduling home and business security surveys
- Free bicycle safety inspections
- Free childrens' bicycle helmets while supplies last
- Free child fingerprinting
- Food while it lasts provided by Smokin' J's of Gulfport.
The National Night Out program is an initiative of The National Association of Town Watch.
Gulfport Police Department
Chief of Police Public Information Officer
Robert A. Vincent Sgt. Thomas Woodman